Inceptions of the Svojanov castle go back to the period of colonization of distant nooks in lands of the Czech Crown. The castle was burnt out in 1569. After this event a wide Renaissance renewing followed. After another fire in 1842 the Stary palace (the Old palace) had been rebuilt into an Empire appearance but the Renaissance wind stayed as a ruin. The castle rooms have been arranged as exhibition space. This situation endures up to the present day, when the permanent exhibition of works of Jan Kutalek, Czech sculptor and ceramist, had been set there. There are other exhibitions changing during the year. Beside this the visitor can see of course the historical exposition and since last year the Museum of opal mines in Dubnik in Slovakia as well. The tradition of Svojanov’s cultural summer festival has reinforced in last ten years.